Potato chips manufacturing, In this article we shall be offering you details that will prove helpful for you to get started with your home-based potato chips making business. You will find complete project reports, cost estimation and others processes in the article. Potato chips are the most favourite snacks amongst everyone. Just by investing a small amount of money, you can get started with a small scale Potato chips manufacturing project at home. You may have to invest small capital and you can expect genuine returns, even in the initial stage.
What Raw material required for Potato chips manufacturing?
In general, the requirement of the raw material may vary depending on the types of flavours you are willing to manufacture and sell. You may need different types of ingredients that can be added to the chips as flavour. As we are speaking of Potato chips manufacturing, so one of the most important raw materials you need are different types of potatoes – sweet potatoes, ordinary potatoes, added flavours, salt, pepper, chilli powder, fresh cooking oil etc. These raw materials are only a few to be named but your requirement may depend on your taste and flavour. A touch of garlic, sauce and onions can also be added and so you may need additional raw materials.
Potato chips making process?
- Sorting and grading. When the raw material potatoes arrive at potato chips plant, they are examined, sorted and graded. Actually, the potatoes are selected according to sizes and types in processing. Besides, defective potatoes are sorted out, while extra large ones can be cut into halves. This sorting and grading process can ensure the quality of raw material, thus ensuring top end products. Our sorting and grading machine can do the work accurately and efficiently.
- Washing and peeling. To wash off soils on the surface of potatoes, remove stones, potatoes are transported to industrial potato washing machine. And then the clean potatoes will be peeled. This process can also impact further processes. Carefully cleaned and peeled potatoes can make the taste and texture of potato chips feel good. Our potato washer machine and peeler are integrate into one machine. This can save your money. More importantly, our potato washer and peeler machine can also wash and peel potatoes effectively and efficiently.
- Slicing. The clean peeled potatoes will be fed into potato slicing machine, cutting into thin slices. Our potato cutter can slice the potatoes in uniform shapes with adjustable thickness.
- Blanching. The potato slices are blanched in hot water to wash off starch, preserve desirable color and eliminate potential bacteria. Our blancher machine can blanch the potato slices in an energy efficient way.
- Dewatering. After blanching, there are water on the surface of potato slices. To make sure it is crispy after frying, it is necessary to remove the extra water. The dewatering machine in Gelgoog can drain off water quickly with great amount.
- Frying. This is an important process in potato chips making. The potato slices will be fried in oil with contact high temperature for a set period time before they are transported to next process. Usually, the potatoes are fried in either corn oil, cottonseed oil or a blend vegetable oil. And in the frying process, the oil is filtered to remain purification. Our potato chips fryer machine can ensure good frying results with less consumption of energy.
- Defatting. After frying, there is extra oil on the surface of potato chips so they should be deoiled. The deoiling machine in our factory can remove extra oil quickly without damaging the potato chips.
- Air drying. In this process, the potato chips will be transferred on wire mesh belt. At the same time, air will blow at these potato chips. As a result, the hot potato chips are cooled down, ready for next handling processes. The air drying machine will dry up and cool down the potato chips, ensuring the crispy texture of the potato chips.
- Flavoring. In this process, different flavors are added onto potato chips to meet the needs of consumers. Our flavoring machine can spread the flavors evenly and thoroughly on potato chips, making them tasty.
- Packaging. The potato chips are weighed and then packed. Our packaging machine can pack the potato chips in different packages with great accuracy and efficiency.
Can we get funds from bank for Potato chips manufacturing business?
Yes ! you have to communicate with your bank.
Potato chips good for health or not?
Potato chips are bad, and not because they’re high in fat or calories. Instead, it’s because burnt chips, and certain other foods, contain a chemical known as acrylamide that could increase one’s cancer risk.
If you are thinking to start Potato chips making business , what are chances of success?
Just like any other small scale business, the homemade potato chips business offers much better profit margins. Even if you may find numerous brands available in the market, still the demand for better quality and the new flavour is increasing daily.
A small 100 grams packet is sold on the market for Rs 10 to Rs 15 minimum. You can easily generate an overall profit of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 monthly by investing Rs 1 lakh every month in raw material. This means that the business has the potential of over 30 per cent profit margin, even in the small scale business
What investment require to start Potato chips industry?
Potato in varieties is easily available in most places within India. Potato is also considered as a staple food and so you may find a potato in most shops within your locality. This means that the price for potatoes in Indian market is not much.
- The price within the open market may fluctuate on daily basis but on an average a quintal of potato may cost you around Rs 1200 or nearby for ordinary potato.
- If you want to make sweet potato chips then you may have to invest around Rs 4600 per quintal (average) in the whole sale market. Purchasing directly from the farm may help save a lot of money.
- In the market cooking oil or vegetable oil is also easily available and you may only have to pay around Rs 120 or nearby for one liter. The cost may also vary depending on the quality of oil you want to use.
- Common kitchen salt does not cost much and is around Rs 18 per Kg. Apart from this, the price of added flavors and spice may depend on your taste.
What machinery required to start manufacturing Potato chips business?
As mentioned above, in a potato chips production line, there are kinds of machines. Except those, there are also product handling machines, such as conveyor belts, hoppers and so on. For potato chips making businesses, a suitable solution is vital for the success of the business. And in a process line, each individual machine determined the quality of end products. Knowing these well enough, we always strive to offer you tailor-made solutions for your potato chips plant. And we constantly improve our technology to design and manufacture high-quality chips making machines. All these are realized because of our experienced engineers and dedicated workers